Subscribe

Monday, January 19, 2009

Kaka remain at Milan

AC Milan president,Silvio Berlusconi ended transfer speculation surrounding Kaka.Berlusconi said on the TV programme that he 26-year-old Brazilian will be staying at Milan.

The former World Player of the Year had been offer for 100 million euro bid from Premiere League rich club,Manchester City in a transfer saga that had been picking up pace over the last week.

But he seems to have changed his mind and he had intervened personally to ensure the fans’ favourite will be staying in Italy.

“Both I and he have intervened,When I heard him say that he prefers to stay, that he doesn’t feel like he has lost the opportunity to earn a higher salary and that he feels privileged to wear the shirt, he values the closeness and the friendships, the heat and affection that all the fans have shown him even in these last two days, I said ‘hallelujah’ and we hugged,Kaka is and is staying at Milan.” said Berlusconi who is also a Italian Prime Minister

However, Berlusconi then opened up a little doubt.

“I give my word on the things that depend on me. At the end of this affair I don’t know if I will still be president of Milan, as much as I am not any more,” he said cryptically.

No comments:

Post a Comment